Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 reflections - Failing

They say people always think of bad things first. Somehow when viewing how my 2011 was, one of the first things that I thought of was experiencing failure. Failing. I failed two quizzes and my driving test twice. I managed to get it right the third time, I went by the saying third time lucky.

Today I failed an optional quiz, I don't know what is wrong. Haven't I failed enough already? Asta'3furu allah
I made up for the first quiz I failed in, and the second one I have a chance to make up for it. We'll see how that one goes.

I rebelled and was bitter for days after failing. Studying was of no point I thought. And I let it bring me down instead of motivating me to do better.

I don't want to go on about my family's expectations of me, their discouraging words, failure to understand the situation as it is. I've already said too much.

It's not the most pleasant feeling in the world, they say if you haven't failed then you haven't truly lived. Maybe they mean something deeper than exams. But it's still failing no?

And just so you know that optional quiz, only 2 passed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment