Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Decide.

How did you learn the art of choosing? You make decisions so easily, it's quite unnerving to be honest. It's like you know every detail of yourself and choose accordingly. Thus, making my insecure self in doubt even more.

It's always been difficult to choose. I never knew what I wanted. I could easily tell you what it is I do not want. It has become a pattern. It could mean that I simply am avoiding to choose so I wouldn't hold any responsibility for the consequences of my choice. If I just went with things how they came, then no one to blame.


"I'll have a cheeseburger without lettuce" announces my nephew, maybe it's not so astounding given that most kids avoid their greens but it's the confidence that utters this choice. Or when my niece announces that she wants the Ariel toy that can blow out bubbles. How do they know at such a young age, and I don't?

Whenever I'm presented with a lot of choices or options, I'd either feel pressured and choose randomly or choose something that would be convenient for the other person I'm with. I wouldn't necessarily consider what I liked or what might suit me best.

It's just easier this way. Because who wants to contemplate on how they can't make a simple choice when going out for a nice meal with friends? No, it's not like that really because I'm not aware of this inability in me most of the time. I decide on not deciding and move on.


No comments:

Post a Comment