Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Just Me

I'm not a writer. That I know. Not an avid reader. I wouldn't call myself a bookworm. But I write and read nevertheless. Words either come out without thinking or after over-thinking. That's why they're either rushed, or they're as slow as a snail to shape themselves into thoughts.

"He really had completely changed his opinion, though quite unconsciously; so desirous was he to comply with the wishes of others."

I'm afraid that's me sometimes, most of my opinions change themselves without me realising it. This among many other flaws of mine are beginning to surface. I'm trying not to let them all attack me at the same time, I'm being nice to them. But I'm not sure if they'll do the same.

Maybe I don't offer much, what I say could be a repetition of words I've said before. But one thing I know for sure is that I'm consistent. And when I stop being that at times it's because I either feel unappreciated or tired.

1 comment:

  1. You are a writer actually. The fact that you've nurtured yourself with words, that even though you feel you havent got the talent, you still manage to find relief in words, that is where a writer comes in.

    Maybe your definitions of bookworm, of avid readers and of writers is wrong? Maybe you should take a step back and not compare yourself to those that you think are 'writers' or are 'bookworms'. For who knows, maybe those that write out of effort are more writers than those that write effortlessly?

    I'm afraid thats you sometimes too.

    Keep writing, and try to remember where you stand :) lovek <3

    ReplyDelete