Saturday, June 11, 2016

Knowledge is Attractive

It's true that I'm in the medical field, and I know a lot of things about diseases and drugs. At least more than the average person. Although most of my professors would disagree and tell you that I'm clueless but take it from me, I know a thing or two. 
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this to brag or show you my vast knowledge. In fact, I think because I'm in this field, I'm only focused on it. I don't know anything about anything that has nothing to do with medicine which might be ok to some because hey, I'm gonna be a doctor soon, who cares about everything else?
I find those who have interest and knowledge about different subjects and fields, attractive. But also I find them intimidating. 
I follow some on twitter, for example. I'd be an avid follower of their tweets, and I might favourite some of them. But never would I reply or discuss anything with them. Same goes to people I know in real life. I wouldn't really argue or ask them questions. Because hey I wouldn't want to show them my ignorance. And a 5 minute conversation (or probably less) would show them how limited my knowledge about things is. 

One thing that I'm also not happy about is that I'm not a question-er of things, and even on the few occasions that I am, I don't care enough to put an effort to find an answer. So yes I do wish I was knowledgable but more than that I wish I showed interest in things or challenged myself and questioned them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment