Sunday, October 6, 2013

Some Friendships Come With Expiry Dates

Is friendship a one-sided give and never take? Or is it dumping all your internal conflicts and issues on others expecting them to carry them around as their own? Is it thinking twice before you say anything and losing all spontaneity?
Enough about trying to unravel the true meaning of friendship that I am convinced most around me lack any sense of, when even I don't know whom to call a friend and whom an acquaintance?
How much should I worried about the prospect of not caring about the possibility that I might become more distant to someone I called a friend? Who am I to judge on whom the blame falls and how do I know whether I am the good person I take myself for?
It's not in my nature to become invested in friendships, not many at least. If anyone was observant enough to notice (which most of us aren't, if it weren't me I wouldn't have noticed it), they'd see how I don't really open up to most of my friends, I don't talk about what things I care about or things that worry me constantly. I'm comfortable this way. That is why I'm always surprised at how easily some find it to talk about their existential issues in life.

الحب هو ارتباك الأدوار بين الآخذ و المعطي
- مريد البرغوثي


1 comment:

  1. Don't bother trying to discover the real meaning of friendship. Only time can tell, mark my words :)

    ReplyDelete