Saturday, March 24, 2012

Frowns at This Heart

The dawn is breaking. Birds have started chirping and I am denied sleep. I've been restless for days now. I get up dizzily and can't even walk a straight line, yet when I place my head on the pillow I feel widely awake. All thoughts swarm into my head and keep me alert. I toss and turn, on and off, but I can feel every move around me.

My heart's been shifted in its position a little bit, where it's been squeezed around the edges in its new place. It doesn't fit there. I don't know how to bring it back to its place. I want to be at rest. You're a pain, my heart. Go back to your place and torture me no longer, I beg of you. I'm scared. And I'm admitting it to you with all vulnerability.

I am tired and I need to be taken care of like a child. I need to be fed, comforted, looked after, held tight, engrossed in warmth that make my body resist no longer and sleep. I need a shield against my thoughts, where it'd block them from reaching me.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Oman Mobile!

2 comments:

  1. You made me laugh! You are a poet. May it be this time. Ernest Hemminway was a poet who married many times at least 5 times if not mistaken. Thus from each relationship, he produced a book. Hope you are one of this era too. Cheers................... "........"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touching <3,, keep it up! I loved it

    ReplyDelete